BROWSE OUR PRODUCTS
Why Eco Cloth Nappies
for your child ?
The UK throws away nearly 3,000,000,000 disposable nappies a year, costing local authorities over £60 million per annum for disposal, all of which will go through household waste streams which means either incineration or landfill where they can take more than 300-500 years to break down. Disposable nappies are one of the biggest contributors to single-use plastic waste, the worst cause of contamination in recycling and cost councils and parents too much money whilst damaging the environment. Washable nappies are environment friendly whereas disposables use more raw materials and energy and have a harmful effect on our environment. It takes one cup of crude oil to make the plastic for one disposable nappy! Seven million trees are cut down each year to supply paper pulp to make disposable nappies in the UK.
Modern washable nappies are available from high street stores or even more readily available online. They are comfortable and gentle on babies skin, safe, easy to use and cost effective.
Easy to use
- They are easy to use; poop can be flushed down the toilet like all other waste water and nappies can be washed at 60 degrees in the washing machine. Alternatively you can use a nappy laundry service.
- They come in a range of styles and patterns and fasten with a nappy nippa, velcro or poppers.
Good for Babies Health
- They are breathable, waterproof and have elasticated legs to prevent leaks.
- Liners offer an effective stay-dry layer.
- They are free from chemical gels present in disposable nappies and help to prevent nappy rash.
- You can save up to £600 on your first child by using washable nappies and even more one the second child by reusing them.
The total cost for the disposal of nappies nationally is £40 million each year.
WHAT OUR CUSTOMERS ARE SAYING
The Baby Bare Teddies are our first side snapping nappies and it’s safe to say that we’re in love! So easy to get a fit, the elastics are beautiful and soft without compromising the fit. We’ve had a couple BLW ? in them now and they’ve contained everything so nicely! ‘Wildflower’ is our favoruite print out of all of our brands at the moment, so gorgeous! ?
Really impressed with the Econo by Fiyyah. We’ve used lots of different nappies (AIOs, pockets and now this) and the absorbency of this Econo is better than anything else I’ve tried. I think I could get away with it at night for my 18 month old! Really like that there’s no inserts to remove. Very impressed and will be ordering a Pokkit to try. Thank you. X
I just received my new BabyBare Wet Bags and I absolutely love them! Love that the wet an dry bags popper together its genius! Thank you so much. I also really love that they came in a compostable AND reusable bag. Thanks again.